- When a bill is scheduled to be heard, it is very important to let our legislators know why raising the amount for the care of foster children and youth is so important and to show that there is a lot of community support for this! Please submit testimony ~ here’s how:
- Step 1:
Follow the instructions on the hearing notice for the heading of your testimony. Follow this link for a template of how your testimony could look. Be sure to sure to change the name of the committee hearing the bill, the legislators, date and of course, your name, if you use this template.
- Step 2:Tell why you support this bill in the body of your letter. Click here for TalkingPoints that you may want to include in your testimony.
- Step 3:
Now that your testimony is pau, save it on your computer.
- Step 4:
To submit your testimony on-line, click here to sign in to your Hawai`i State Legislature Website account*. Once signed in:
- Click on the “Submit Testimony” button.
- Enter bill number HB1576.
- Fill in the Name, E-mail and Verify E-mail boxes.
- Click on “Support” under testifier position.
- Answer any other applicable categories.
- Upload your testimony under “Testimony file to upload.”
- Click on the “Next” button.
Submit your testimony to the committee 24 hours before the time of the hearing.
* For those not already registered, click here to create your account. After doing so, you will be able to submit testimony easily by logging into your account.
- Step 5:
If possible, please show up in person on the day of the hearing to deliver your testimony in person.
- Thank you for taking the time to advocate on the behalf of foster children and youth!