Chaminade University is offering a full-tuition scholarship to a young person who has aged out of foster care or who was placed in legal guardianship or adoption through Child Welfare Services. This award is a full-tuition scholarship that is $ 19,960 for the academic year 2014-2015 and is renewable for three additional years as long as the student remains in good standing.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a resident of Hawaii.
- Be a new college student who has never attended another college or university.
- Be in foster care, aged out of care, or have been placed in legal guardianship or adoption through Child Welfare Services.
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have graduated with a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.2 or better
- Have earned a combined math and critical reading S.A.T. score of 920 or better or ACT composite of 20 or better.
To apply for the scholarship, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Scholarship” OR mail the information to
EPIC ‘Ohana, Inc.
1130 Nimitz Highway, Suite C-210
Honolulu, HI 96817
☐ Provide your name, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, and the name of the high school that you graduated from.
☐ Provide a copy of your high school transcript.
☐ Provide a copy of your FAFSA Expected Family Contribution.
☐ Provide a copy of your SAT or ACT scores.
☐ Provide a one-page essay that explains why you would like to attend Chaminade University.
More information about Chaminade University is available at www.chaminade.edu.
SUBMIT THESE MATERIALS BY JUNE 1, 2014
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP.
For additional information about this scholarship, please contact Laurie Tochiki by email at email@example.com.